Hair transplant can be operated using different techniques. Today many latest technologies are used to make the procedure painless and to produce natural results. It is always a great idea to decide the best procedure as per the requirement. It is the only reliable treatment to fight hair thinning. One of the best ways to maintain a youthful appearance for men is to avoid hair loss. Some people have to make little effort to maintain a scalp of strands while others may face a tougher task. The most common reason for hair fall in men is known as androgenic alopecia, otherwise known as male pattern baldness.
It is a genetic condition that affects about 80% of the world’s population. While women experience an even and generally unnoticeable thinning of hair, men tend to get bald patches on the scalp. The extent of hair loss, the age at which it starts and its intensity all vary from one person to another.
Over the years, Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) has been one of the most reliable hair transplant options. However, FUT or strip method hair transplant is no longer the best technique available for a hair transplant since Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and its more modern versions offer better results.
One wonders that have the newer and better FUE techniques made the strip method hair transplant obsolete? We shall discuss the matter in the following lines to understand better.
How does strip method work?
The strip method transplant works with numbing down of the scalp and removal of a linear strip of scalp from the donor region. The strip is placed under a stereo microscope and individual grafts are separated. The separated grafts are placed in saline water to keep them fresh. In the meantime, the area from which the strip was removed is sutured.
The grafts are transplanted into specially made incisions in the recipient area by the surgeon. Micro grafting technique is used for this purpose with finer grafts placed at the front and the thicker ones used to build volume in the mid-region of the scalp.
What are its pros?
There are a number of benefits FUT offer:
- For starters, hair grows out within a year of the surgery and you can enjoy a youthful look.
- The success rate is also reasonable.
- The cost of the treatment is the least of the modern techniques and FUT offers great value for your money.
- In case of future hair loss, further hair transplant procedures can also be performed.
What are the cons?
There are some downsides of strip method transplant as well:
- First and foremost, you can get around two thousand grafts per session which is relatively low when compared with other, newer options.
- The time needed to recover from the procedure is also more than a couple of weeks.
- There is a linear scar left after the procedure though normal sized hair covers it well.
- Lastly, some of the follicles are lost during the dissection process carried out under the microscope which reduces the overall goodness of the results.
Is it still relevant?
Given that the cost of FUT hair transplant is not too high and results still are pretty good, many top hair transplant clinics in Dubai and other parts of the world offer it. Quite a few transplant seekers look for this particular option. So while FUE is certainly the modern way to go, FUT is certainly far from being obsolete.
Dubai Hair Club offers the best hair transplant techniques including Follicular Unit Extraction hair transplant in Dubai and Stem Cell FUE, but demand for strip method transplant is still quite high. Whichever hair transplant method you are interested in, just name it and our surgeons have specialized in it.
For more details and to book a free consultation with our hair transplant surgeons, call us now fill the form available on our website. We are offering absolutely free scalp analysis for our clients from all over the UAE and the GCC countries.