Hair loss has become a common trend these days, especially among men. Some shave their entire head to hide signs hair thinning and baldness, while others go to any limit to restore a thicker and fuller head of hair. If you are also seeking a way to regrow hair, go for a hair transplant and start loving yourself again. Surgical hair restoration not only helps you to transform your physical appearance but also the way you feel about yourself, so look no further and book your consultation now. The good news is, the price of hair transplant in our clinic is very reasonable as compared to other hair loss centers.
For a successful hair transplant surgery, much emphasis is placed on the experience and surgical skills of the person performing the surgery, but the role of patient cannot be denied either. Success rate of the surgery also depends a lot on how well you prepare yourself for the surgery as well as the post-op care. Nevertheless, preparing well is the first step towards a successful and rewarding hair restoration.
If you plan a hair transplant surgery then you should be give a set instructions to follow. These may vary according to the type of procedure such as FUE or FUT depending upon the technique. At Dubai Hair Club our patients are properly guided and informed about the procedure.
Listed below are the dos and don’ts prior to hair transplant surgery:
Two Weeks before Transplant:
- Stop taking blood thinning medications, such as Aspirin, ibuprofen, warfarin and few other pain medications. Discuss in detail your medical history with your surgeon and prescription medicines as well, if any.
- Quit smoking 2-3 weeks before the transplant. Smoking limits blood supply to the scalp by constricting the blood vessels. Consequently, newly transplanted follicles would not thrive amply, affecting the ultimate outcome of the surgery.
- Get all the prescribed tests done and reports submitted at least two weeks before the surgery. This is to remain on safe side, Just in case your surgeon wants some test to be repeated, you should have enough time for that.
One Week before Surgery:
- Fill all your prescriptions at least seven days prior to the transplant. Surgeons prescribe their patients numerous pain medications and antibiotics to be taken post-transplant. Check with your surgeon which medications you are supposed to take along on the day of surgery.
- Cut your alcohol and caffeine consumption five to seven days prior to the hair transplant. Like smoking, caffeine and alcohol also impact the outcome of the surgery by hampering the healing process and hair regrowth.
- Safeguard yourself against infections. Even common cold can severely affect the surgery and its outcome. Inform your doctor immediately about any infection so that it could be treated properly.
One Day before the Surgery
- Prepare clothing to wear to the clinic on the day of surgery. Wear some loose fitting dress with v-neck or a zipper that you could easily change.
- Take shower on the night of the surgery or in the morning before heading to the clinic as you will be asked to avoid shampooing scalp for 36 to 48 hours after the surgery.
To know more about hair transplant in Dubai, contact Dubai Hair Club now and let our experts guide you. We are offering free consultations and absolutely free scalp analysis. Spare a minute and fill the form below to book an online appointment.