Are you seeking a permanent solution for hair loss? You are not alone! Hair loss is a universal problem and its only permanent solution is a hair transplant. Many people get these surgical procedures done to restore their good looks. The liking for hair transplant in Abu Dhabi is on the rise and more and more hair loss sufferers are opting for it. Let’s take a closer look at the hair restoration options in UAE and better understand the phenomenon.
A brief look into hair transplant
It is a surgical procedure that takes hair follicles from one part of the scalp and transplants it to balding or bald areas. Hair loss is usually caused by a hereditary condition known as androgenic alopecia. The hair is taken from the donor sites which are resistant to androgenic alopecia – usually the back and the sides of the scalp. Hair in these areas is not affected by the ill effects of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) – the hormone responsible for male pattern baldness. This hair when transplanted into the recipient site maintains its ability to withstand hair loss. Our Dubai Clinic offers the best hair restoration for those who are looking for hair transplant in Abu Dhabi.
How does the transplant work?
A hair transplant is performed on outpatient basis under local anesthesia. The scalp is numbed down to get rid of any sensation of pain. Hair follicles are collected from the donor site. Graft harvesting process varies in different transplant options which we will discuss a little later. Incisions are then made into the recipient site and the grafts are transplanted into these incisions individually through micro grafting techniques. Finer follicles are placed in the hairline whereas the thicker ones are placed in the mid-region of the scalp for volume building.
Hair transplant techniques:
Three procedures are usually used for surgical hair restoration. Let’s learn about them:
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
Also referred to as strip method, a linear strip of scalp is removed from the donor site and individual follicles are separated under a stereo microscope and then stored in a saline solution. Usually two thousand grafts can be acquired this way. Around 70% graft success rate is observed with this procedure. A thin linear scar is left in the excision area. The scar can be easily camouflaged with normal length hair. We offer FUT hair transplant in Abu Dhabi using advanced hair restoration techniques to make sure the best results.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
FUE works with follicles being punched out with a pneumatic punch from the donor site. These follicles are ready to be transplanted and there is no need to store them which adds to the success rate from this procedure. The follicle size is usually 1mm which allows a very natural appearance to the transplanted hair in the recipient sites. Around 2500 grafts per session can be easily done with FUE. The procedure leaves very small pinhole scars which are hard to see. If you are looking for FUE hair transplant in Abu Dhabi then you can book your appointment with Dubai Hair Club and visit our Clinic at your convenience. We are open 6 days a week from 9am to 6pm except Fridays.
- Stem Cell FUE
Stem Cell FUE is the latest technique for hair restoration. It is also referred to as direct automated FUE. It works with the same principle as FUE but with a mechanized punch which allows more grafts per session. Usually up to 4500 grafts per session can be done. The follicle size is generally 0.5mm to 0.7mm. Since the procedure does not remove the follicle entirely at the donor site, about half of these follicles can grow back. The results from stem cell FUE are 100% which is quite amazing.
There are some important steps that need to be taken prior to surgical hair restoration to ensure it success.
- Smoking should be stopped 2-3 weeks before, since it lowers that amount of oxygen carried by the blood and reduces the success chances after the procedure.
- Certain medications, particularly blood thinning ones, should not be consumed for a couple of weeks prior to the hair transplant surgery. If you have any prescription medications in use, consult with your surgeon.
- Certain vitamins should also be avoided for a couple of weeks before and after surgery since they can cause bleeding related issues during the surgery.
- Consumption of alcohol has to be stopped for one week before the treatment.
Taking good care of the scalp, transplanted hair and the resulting wounds is also crucial to get the desired results and for an uneventful recovery. Follow these tips after your hair transplant surgery:
- Rest is most important after surgical hair restoration.
- Make sure that you take any medications prescribed by the doctor. Usually antibiotics are prescribed so that an infection does not take place.
- Massaging the scalp and even shampooing may be restricted for a few days.
- Smoking is to be avoided for at least one month after the treatment.
- Heavy workouts should be avoided for a week to ten days or as recommended by the doctor.
- Be sure to follow any other instructions from your surgeon to get the best results.
What to expect after the surgery
Initially there will be some headaches and discomfort which should subside shortly. The newly transplanted hair will fall away in a few weeks in a process known as shock loss. The new hair will start to grow out in about three months’ time. It usually takes a year for the hair to reach full length.
Cost of Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi
There is no fixed cost of hair transplant in Abu Dhbai. There are numerous factors that determine Hair Transplant price in Abu Dhabi. These include:
- The number of grafts as the price is set on per graft basis.
- The hair transplant technique that you opt for also has an impact on the overall bill.
- The experience and the repute of a surgeon are also taken into account, with more experienced surgeons charging more.
- Geographic location of the hair restoration facility also plays a key role in cost determination. A Hair Transplant clinic in Abu Dhabi will charge you a lot less than cost of procedure in UK or US. It can be in the range of AED 8/graft to AED 20/graft even more or less depending upon numerous factors.
So if you are living in Khalifa City, Musaffah, Khalidiya, Al Muneera, Al Zeina or anywhere in Abu Dhabi and looking to get a hair transplant by top surgeons, then come to our Clinic Dubai Hair Club, the most trusted Hair Clinic all-across the UAE for hair transplant in Dubai. Contact us now for a free scalp analysis and get the surgery done at a discounted rate.