Are you planning to undergo a hair transplant surgery to restore your youthful appearance with a thicker and fuller head of hair? There must be dozens of questions in your mind bothering you.Dubai Hair Club has been helping people from Dubai as well as neighboring Gulf States to restore their lost hair. Our doctors come across almost every type of patients and we understand very well what sort of reservations and queries a patient can have in the lead up to a hair transplant surgery. Here are some of the questions about hair transplant surgery that you must ask your surgeon as you go for a pre-procedural consultation. Your surgeon must be able to answer them in convincing way to qualify:
Q1. Why do Some People Experience Mild Hair Thinning While others Go Bald?
- There are a number of reasons a person loses hair, from genetics to hormonal imbalance, unhealthy diet, poor hair care regimen and some underlying medical condition. Most of them cause temporary hair loss and generalized hair thinning. But one hair loss type that is permanent and hampers a hair follicle’s ability to regrow is Androgenic alopecia. It is caused by a combination of genetics and hormones called androgens. It causes permanent hair loss and the sufferer goes bald in certain predisposed areas of the scalp – temples, the frontal hairline and the crown area.
Remember, knowing your hair loss type is crucial in deciding the right course of treatment.
Q2. What is a Hair Transplant?
- A hair transplant is a surgical procedure that involves redistribution of existing healthy, baldness resistant hairs to add a fuller and thicker look to the scalp. Hairs at the back or sides of the head are resistant to baldness and retain this quality even after displacement. The surgeon extracts hairs from these areas using either of Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique, and transplants them in the balding or thinning areas.
Your surgeon must be able to explain this in a non-technical way.
Q3. What is the Difference Between Hair Transplantation and Hair Restoration?
- Hair Transplantation is a surgical procedure that involves redistribution of healthy hairs using any of the various hair transplant techniques, whereas hair restoration is a general term used to describe both surgical and non-surgical treatments used for hair regrowth.
You should know the difference to make sure you do not fall prey to any scam.
Q4. Am I a Candidate for Hair Transplant?
- You are a candidate for hair transplant surgery if hair loss is really bothering you. But your candidacy can be determined only after evaluation. Almost every hair loss patient can benefit from surgical hair transplant in Dubai but there are certain pre requisites that you have to meet to get the most out of the surgery, such as the cause of hair loss, minimum age, extent of hair loss, donor hair supply, skin laxity, your expectations and aesthetic goals etc.
Talk to your surgeon to know if you are a candidate or not, or which hair transplant technique will be best for you.
Q5. Is Hair Transplant Surgery a Painful Procedure?
- Hair Transplant surgery is performed with local anesthesia and the procedure in itself is therefore virtually painless. However, since your scalp is pricked several hundred times, expect it to be sore and tender following the surgery. Nevertheless, the doctor will prescribe you pain medications to deal with any post-procedural discomfort.
Your surgeon should not be making any false promises or depicting an all is well kind of picture.
Q6. When Will I See the Results?
- Hair Transplant surgery requires your time and patience to deliver best results. It usually takes 4 to 6 months before you begin to notice any hair growth. However, you will have to wait for at least a year to see full growth.
Don’t have some idealistic expectations. The surgery is a real-time procedure and not a movie scene.
Hope these questions and their answers will help prepare yourself for a pre-transplant consultation. Keep the questions in mind and have an idea of what to expect in response from your prospective surgeon. This will help you choose the best hair transplant surgeon in Dubai.