Hair transplant is among the most demanded cosmetic surgery procedures, according to a latest survey by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Despite being the most popular hair restoration technique in the world, people know little about it.Almost all of us have heard the term “hair transplant surgery”, but not many know much about it. There are dozens of myths and misconceptions encompassing the procedure that deter people from opting for hair transplant in Dubai.
If you are also planning to undergo the procedure, but you are not sure what exactly a hair transplant is and how it works, don’t worry. We are here to help you understand the procedure in a non-technical way. Here is all that you need to know about hair transplant surgery:
WHY hair transplant?
There are numerous non-surgical allopathic and natural remedies to restore lost hair, but did you ever wonder why hair transplant is the most popular procedure worldwide. Answer is simple, because of its unmatched benefits. Here are some irresistible benefits of surgical hair restoration that make it a stand out among all other options:
- It is the only procedure that guarantees permanent hair growth
- It allows you to regrow hair in a natural pattern that no one can detect
- It allows hair restoration in a smallest patch like a scar and larger areas like a half bald head
- A permanently restored frontal hairline and a thicker crown area adds a youthful appearance to your personality, even in late 40s
- A naturally restored hairline helps people regain self-confidence, self esteem and depict a better self-image
- It is a once in a lifetime procedure that does not require any special care and maintenance
WHO can benefit from hair transplant?
It is a procedure for every adult who is suffering from permanent hair loss and wants a permanent solution for the thinning and/or balding areas. It is a procedure particularly for those who have receded hairline, thinning crown area or a bald scalp due to androgenic alopecia. With advancements in technology, you can now use hair transplant surgery to regrow eyebrows, eyelashes, moustaches, and beard with Facial Hair Transplant.
WHAT happens in a hair transplant?
A hair transplant surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that involves relocation of balding resistant, healthy hair in the thinning or balding areas to add a thicker and fuller appearance to the hairless thatch. The procedure involves extracting hair follicles from the back or sides of the scalp and planting them in the balding areas. Two most commonly used graft extraction techniques are:
- Strip method: It removes a linear hair bearing strip of skin from the donor site. The strip is then dissected under a powerful stereo microscope to separate individual grafts for transplantation. Strip removal method, aka Follicular Unit Transplant, has a limitation that it can harvest hair only from the back of the scalp. Patients with limited donor hair supply cannot benefit from this technique.Also it causes a telltale linear scar on the donor site, thus leaving your hair transplant no more a secret.
- Follicular unit extraction: It is a more refined graft harvesting technique that does not involve cutting and stitching of the scalp. Rather, it involves direct extraction of hair follicles from the donor area using a specially designed punch tool. It is a scarless and less traumatic technique but it allows transplantation of lesser number of grafts per sessions as compared to traditional FUT method. Furthermore, it involves less downtime as compared to strip transplant, and the patient is usually able to go back to work after 3 to 5 days.
WHEN you should get a hair transplant?
There is a common misconception that one should get a hair transplant as soon he notices hair thinning or bald patches. You should wait for the hair loss to complete and stop before opting for a surgical hair restoration. Undergoing a hair transplant too early will result in unnatural patterns, and you may need a second surgery for natural results and desired hair density.
WHERE should you go for a hair transplant?
Remember effectiveness and safety of your hair transplant depends primarily on the surgical skills and expertise of the cosmetic surgeon performing the procedure. Therefore, it is necessary that you get the surgery done by a board-certified, experienced hair transplant surgeon. Also, the equipment and support staff play a vital role in determining success rate and safety of the surgery. Choose a reputable clinic with skilled staff on panel like Dubai Hair Club.
If you still have any queries or concerns regarding hair transplant surgery, feel free to contact us Dubai Hair Club, one of the best hair restoration clinics in Dubai. For customized expert opinion, book a free online consultation right now by filling the form below.