Both men and women are victims of hair loss, but the frequency and severity of hair shedding is less in females as compared to males. However, the effects of hair loss in women are far more devastating than men. Just imagine a man with receding hairline and a hairless patch in the crown area and compare it with a female with similar hair loss pattern. Who will get more attention? Obviously the female, because balding is an acceptable trait in men.
In most cultures long, thick, luscious hair are considered as a symbol of beauty for women. Thus for women losing hair means losing a part of their femininity. But is worrying the solution? Obviously not! In fact worrying can add to the problem as stress and anxiety are two most common triggers of hair loss, especially in women. Now you must be wondering what else you can do to get hair loss in women under control and regrow the lost hair?
Causes of female hair loss:
There are a number of things you can do to control female hair loss, but at the top of the list is knowing your hair loss type! There are a number of factors that can contribute to hair thinning in females. These include:
- Hormonal imbalance: Women undergo hormonal changes more as compared to their male counterparts, courtesy their genetic makeup. Hormonal imbalance during puberty, pregnancy and menopause are three most common phases of woman’s life where estrogen levels get disturbed, leading to hair loss.
- Stress and anxiety: Another most common cause of hair shedding in both men and women is stress and anxiety. Most people experience hair loss after undergoing physical or emotional trauma. But the good thing about this type of hair loss is that it is mostly temporary and hair loss can be easily reversed through stress management.
- Female pattern baldness: This type of hair loss is also hormonal but it is caused by a special hormone called Dihydrotestosterone. Higher levels of DHT cause androgenic miniaturization of hair follicles. This type of hair loss is somewhat permanent and needs special treatment for hair regrowth. Female pattern baldness differs from male pattern baldness in a way that it does not follow a specific pattern; rather women suffer from generalized hair thinning over the entire scalp.
How to treat female hair loss?
While hair loss due to hormonal imbalance or stress and anxiety can be easily controlled and reversed through simple lifestyle changes, female pattern hair loss needs special treatment. Read on two know how to treat female pattern baldness in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- PRP Hair Loss Treatment: PRP therapy uses the growth factor rich platelet rich plasma from your own blood to strengthen the miniaturized hair follicles and trigger robust hair growth. Your blood sample is centrifuged in a special apparatus to separate PRP from other blood components. This PRP fluid is then carefully injected into the entire scalp using a mesogun. Multiple sessions of PRP Hair Loss Therapy are usually needed to get desired results.
- ACell/PRP Therapy: To further enhance the efficacy of PRP treatment, it is combined with ACell’s extracellular matrix, which is a naturally occurring protein. Powdered ACell is mixed with platelet rich plasma and injected into the scalp just like the PRP treatment. ACell’s MatriStem helps counter the ill effects of Dihydrotestosterone, thus speeding up the recovery process.
- Female Hair Transplant: Hair Transplant is considered as the last option for females, and that too in case where a woman exhibits hair loss pattern similar to male pattern baldness. Healthy hair from the unaffected areas are extracted and transplanted into the affected areas. Female Hair Transplant in Dubai is also used to cover any permanent bald patches caused in a woman’s head due to an injury, surgery or skin disease. Permanent hair loss caused by Traction Alopecia can also be fixed with surgical hair restoration.
To know more about female pattern baldness or schedule hair transplant in Dubai on discount, reach out to Dubai Hair Club now.