Despite the introduction of modern hair restoration technique like FUE transplant and the Stem Cell hair transplant, strip harvesting technique is still playing the leading role. FUT transplantation is without any doubt the most commonly performed method around the globe. Simple and safe nature of the procedure, better coverage of the bald area and affordable price are some of the features that make it a worldwide recognized procedure.
How FUT hair transplant is performed?
Follicular Unit Transplantation is a simple process in which donor grafts are obtained from a linear strip of hair bearing skin that is removed from the backside of the scalp. This few centimeter long piece of scalp skin contains thousands of hair follicles, which are collected through a careful dissection of strip under stereo-microscope. Once enough donor grafts are extracted, the surgery proceeds with site creation and planting phase. The bald or balding area is first prepared for the plantation of hair grafts by creating tiny holes, keeping in mind the natural direction of existing hair. In the end, these incisions are filled with donor grafts.
Benefits of FUT hair transplant
Some significant features of Follicular Unit Transplant that give it a competitive edge over other hair restoration techniques are:
- It is a quick procedure
- It is a reasonably priced procedure
- Hair grafts extracted this way are of best quality and therefore it has highest graft survival rate
- A single session strip method transplant yields a large number of follicular units and thus allows better coverage of bald or balding area in one session
- Hair grafts have minimum time outside the body therefore they are minimally prone to damage and death in the foreign environment.
Disadvantages of FUT hair transplant
Every hair transplantation method is very safe with no complexity involved. But after all it is a surgery and has some downsides as well. Some common disadvantages of FUT hair transplant are:
- It causes a prominent linear scar in the donor area
- It involves cutting and stitching of skin in the donor area
- It involves somehow longer downtime and recovery period
- It is not a procedure for people with tight scalp
- People with limited donor supply also cannot benefit from Follicular Unit Transplant
FUT is a lucrative procedure for all those individuals who have enough donor hair and sufficient scalp laxity. However, you must have clear and realistic expectations from your hair transplant as restoring a teenage like hairline is not possible.
Where to get FUT hair transplant
Dubai is not only a tourism city but also hosts a worldwide network of hair restoration clinics. Here you can find some of the world’s best hair transplant surgeons who are, without any doubt, the experts of their fields. However, finding the combination of best surgeon in the best facility offering FUT at affordable cost is not an easy task. But at the same time it is not an impossible task.
Cost of FUT Hair Transplant:
There is no fixed cost or a standard formula to calculate your cost of surgery. There are various factors that determine FUT Hair Transplant Cost. These include:
- Extent of hair loss
- Desired restored hair density
- Required number of grafts
- Experience of surgeon
- Reputation of surgeon
- Location of clinic
Dubai Hair Club is a well known name in Hair Transplant Clinics in Dubai. DHC has a team of board-certified, highly skilled hair transplant surgeons, state of the art equipment and the surgery is also not out of reach. You can easily access our surgeons online if you want to have a free consultation or visit us for a detailed examination to check your suitability for the treatment. We entertain a large clientele and have excellent reputation among our clients and peer surgeons.
To book a free online consultation with our FUT hair transplant experts, fill our consultation form.